Ducks Summer 2021
Hello Twinbrook Ducks,
Please be on the lookout for a brief survey via Survey Monkey regarding interest in participating on the Ducks swim team for summer 2021.
Montgomery County Swim League is starting their plan to hopefully get a league together with participating teams following COVID-19 safety restrictions.
We are looking forward to new things and the 2021 swim season.
Stay safe everyone!
Your Swim Team Reps
General Duck Info for 2021
Criteria for Swim Team
- Must be a member of the Twinbrook Swimming Pool
- Must be able to swim one length of the pool with a reasonable stroke (upon coach's approval)
- Must read and sign the Twinbrook Ducks Parent Handbook and "Participant" form
- 2021Fees TBD
Events for 2021 Swim Season-TBD
- 2020 cancelled events:
- A-Meet at Long Branch-June 13
- B-Meet at Strathmore Bel Pre-June 17
- A-Meet at North Creek-June 20
- B-Meet at Middlebridge-June 24
- A-Meet at Norbeck Grove-June 27
- B-Meet at New Mark Commons-July 1
- A-Meet at Hillandale (TBD for weekend of July 4/5)
- B-Meet at Stonebridge-July 8
- A-Meet at Quail Valley-July 11
- B-Meet at Rockville Rays-July 15
- Relay Carnival at Hillandale (TBD between June 21 and July 5)
- Divisionals at Quail Valley-July 18
MCSL Swim League
The Montgomery County Swim League (MCSL) is divided into fifteen divisions (A-O) with the fastest teams in Division A. Assignments to a division are based on a team's performance from the previous year. Twinbrook Ducks have moved up to Division M from O for the 2021 season.
If everyone pitches in a little, each meet will run smoothly. Sign up to help our team! Approximately 30 adult volunteers from both the visiting and home teams are needed each week to run the Wednesday and Saturday meets. Therefore, it is required that at least one member of each swimmer's family volunteer for at least one event.
An Ounce of Prevention...
We hate to have a swimmer sit out a meet because of a case of swimmer's ear. Visit your local pharmacy to buy Swimmer's Ear drops and squeeze a few drops in your ears after swimming. Please help us prevent infections and let all the kids enjoy every meet!